The Spectrum EP is the new remix work from The Bleeding Obvious, consisting of reworked and alternative versions of five tracks from the first two albums.
In the 18 months since her debut album, The Bleeding Obvious (aka musician and producer Jessica Rowbottom) has been touring her show Rainbow Heart, and performing at festivals and venues around the UK. The 5-track EP showcases different versions which have been performed live.
The EP features:
- Spectrum (Haçienda Mix) - a 90s disco-styled version of the dance number from Rainbow Heart.
- Wallflower (Classical Reprise) - a quieter version of the dance track from the debut album as featured in the Rainbow Heart show, and featuring Charlot Rivero on cello.
- Gender Babylon (Acoustic) - recorded with guitarist and performer Louie James.
- Me Myself & I (Jazz Club) - a previously unreleased alternative version of the closing track from the debut album with jazz trio.
- One Foot In Front Of The Other (Radio Edit) - a radio-friendly version of the closing track from Rainbow Heart.
It is the first time The Bleeding Obvious has recorded with a full band.
It will be released digitally and on CD on 6th May 2018, with a special intimate launch gig at The Harewood Arms, Wakefield.
Additional musicians: Louie James (Guitar); Ted Guy (Trumpet); Philippa Mancini-Warcup (Trumpet); Valerii Shurygin (Sax); Sami Turunen (Rhythm Guitar); Irene Purcell (Backing Vocals); Charlot Rivero (Cello); Mitch Cockman (Electric Bass); Brandon Meeks (Double Bass); Rob Taylor (Drums); Maurizio Antonini (Drums); Jake Naugle (Drums).
Recorded at The Fishbowl (Wakefield), Laurel House (Wakefield) & Rockit (Hull). Engineered by Matt Knee & Sean Tomlinson. Mastered by Dez Ford at Rocket Fuel Audio. All songs written by Jessica Rowbottom with additional lyrics by Marie Keen. Front cover photography by Helen Rowbottom.